During the current public health crisis, in the best interest of customers, staff and the continuity of both the supply of medicines and pharmacy services, the proprietors of Crowley’s and Galway’s pharmacies in Clonakilty have introduced the following measures.
In order to maintain the appropriate and required social distance within the pharmacy, it is essential that access to the shop is limited to protect customers and staff.
- Where possible we are asking customers to ring in and pre-order their prescriptions and other goods, giving an approximate time for collection.
- Deliveries can be organised for vulnerable patients.
- Staff will serve customers from two designated points in Crowley’s pharmacy and one point in Galway’s pharmacy, they will collect prescriptions and products within the pharmacy and bring them to these points.
- We are asking customers to maintain the appropriate distance from each other while in the queue
- The pharmacist on duty will be available as normal for consultations; however, these may be conducted by phone depending on individual circumstances
Ann Crowley says that the measures she is introducing will help in the prevention of the community spread of Covid-19 among customers and will greatly reduce the risk to staff as they will be able to maintain the appropriate social distancing while at work.
“By minimising the number of people in store, we will be able to greatly reduce the areas that fit the criteria for ‘frequently touched surfaces’ and limit the handling of products to staff only, who are engaging in rigourous hand hygiene, respiratory hygiene and cough etiquette.”
Ann and her team, appreciate that these measures will cause some level of delay. However, in the interest of all our health, she believes they are necessary and unavoidable. Pharmacies provide a vital service, by working together we can ensure that this essential service is continued for the duration of this crisis.