Barnardos children’s charity has launched a national parent supportline to support all parents during the Covid-19 pandemic.
The government’s response to Covid-19 has meant that normal routines and sources of support are currently unavailable to many families. Through it’s dedicated telephone supportline Barnardos can provide support and advice to parents on a range of issues.
The Barnardos Supportline is available to all parents between 10am and 2pm Monday to Friday by phoning 1800 910 123 or parents can request a callback at www.barnardos.ie/supportline.
Barnardos staff can provide support and advice to parents on the following issues:
- How to talk to your children about the corona virus
- Setting a good routine
- Managing children’s behaviours and sibling dynamics
- Managing aggression and family discord
- Home schooling/managing school expectations.
- Fostering natural learning opportunities in the home
- Healthy eating
- Accessing fun and educational activities for families and individual children
- Managing your child’s worries
- Self-care for parents
- Helping parents manage their own worries and anxieties
- Managing children’s online activity